Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, Chess Designs Ltd.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a user’s computer or device.
- We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we only process personal data for core business purposes.
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in the ‘Contact us’ form
Lawful basis: Consent
- The reason we use this basis: You complete the form and freely provide information about yourself
- We process your information in the following ways: To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
- Sharing your information: We do not share your information with third parties.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows:
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You can contact us at email@example.com.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual and we will not collect personal information in this way.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information.
Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.